Pre-Med Q&ACategory: Summer Activitiesmedical-assistant
Avatarsk asked 2 months ago

Hi I was hoping to work as a medical assistant this summer, and was wondering if anyone knew of places where I could get my certification to be an MA, or if i even need to get one?

1 Answers
AvatarMiranda Baumbick answered 2 months ago

Some places require certification, but most that I have heard of train you on the spot. Depending on where you’re planning on living this summer, I would reach out to any urgent care/minute clinics or even your local physician’s office. I know I got my MA job through my Dermatologist, which was great and I was trained within a few weeks.
It is not required in Michigan to have a Medical Assistant certification. However, if you’re looking to do a program, here is a link where you can look up programs by zip code:
If you’re looking for patient care experience, I would also recommend looking into being a Medical Scribe. This position is also great for interacting with patients but doesn’t require as much training. Here is a potential company to get hired through for that:
I hope this helps!
Miranda, PMH Advisor

Your Answer

5 + 16 =