Pre-Med Q&ACategory: AMCASinputting-courses-into-amcas
AvatarKellen asked 3 years ago

Hi! I was wondering if you could clarify how I\\\’m supposed to put in coursework from Umich into the AMCAS system?  For instance, if I took Bio 173, would I put \\\’BIOLOGY 173\\\’ or \\\’173\\\’ in course number, and would I name the course \\\’Biology: Intro Biol Lab\\\’ or \\\’Intro Biol Lab\\\’ 

1 Answers
AvatarPooja answered 3 years ago

Hi Kellen! Thanks for your question.
First thing, for all UMich coursework, remember to put it in the TRIMESTER system. Fall is T1, Winter is T2, and Spring/Summer is T3. Course number would be “BIOLOGY 195” and course name “AP Credit: Introductory Biology” (for any AP classes, add this designation at the front). For course number “BIOLOGY 173” put course name “Intro Biol Lab.” It is easiest for verification usually to write the name exactly as it appears on your transcript. Course number “STATS 250” would be named “Intr Stat&Data Anlys.” Let us know if you have any other questions!
Best wishes,

Your Answer

20 + 15 =